1 red onion, sliced
1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
2/3 c pitted, sliced Kalamata olives
3 large chicken breasts cut in half
1/2 c hummus
1/2 cup your favorite Greek salad dressing
1 tsp paprika
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
Crumbled Feta for topping Spinach and pita bread for serving
1. Preheat oven to 450 F
2. Lightly coat a 13 X 9″ baking dish with non-stick spray
3. Spread onion, peppers and olives on bottom of baking dish
4. Place chicken breasts on top and spread hummus evenly over each breast
5. Drizzle your favorite Greek salad dressing over all
6. Sprinkle paprika over chicken breasts
7. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes to the perimeter of the pan and return to oven another 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
8. Serve on a bed of spinach topped with feta crumbles and a side of whole wheat pita bread halves.
EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER READY IN ABOUT 45 MINUTES! THE HUMMUS ON TOP OF THE CHICKEN HELPS KEEP THE CHICKEN MOIST.
MY FAVORITE GREEK SALAD DRESSING IS KRAFT GREEK FETA AND OREGANO WHICH CAN BE HARD TO FIND. KENS HAS A GREEK WITH FETA AND OLIVES WHICH LOOKS LIKE IT MAY BE GREAT TOO!
THIS DISH IS GLUTEN FREE BUT ALWAYS CHECK LABELS IF SUPER SENSITIVE IN CASE OF CROSS CONTAMINATION POSSIBILITIES.
1 (15oz) can chick peas, drain and rinse
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1 Tbsp dill weed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
I placed the last 6 ingredients in the blender and begin to puree. Add the chick peas a little at a time and continue to puree until your hummus is a nice smooth consistency.
2 (5oz) cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
1/3 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 (15oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp Italian Dressing
4 cups Romaine or mixed lettuce
4 large tortillas (I used Azteca flour tortillas but whole wheat would be a healthier choice!)
Spread one side of a tortilla with hummus, fill with tuna mixture and lettuce and wrap!
I OVER FILLED MY TORTILLA AND MY WRAP SPLIT OPEN SO AVOID OVER FILLING OR SERVE THE TUNA AND HUMMUS OVER A BED OF LETTUCE AND HAVE SOME PITA ROUNDS ON THE SIDE!