- 1 (15 oz.) Can drained and rinsed Black beans
- 1 Large seeded and chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (9 oz.) Jar your favorite chutney
- 1 c. Whole kernel corn (I used frozen)
- 6 Sliced green onions
- 3 tbsp. Fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Ground cumin
- 2 3/4 c. Water
- 3/4 c. Uncooked long grain and wild rice
- 1/2 c. Red lentils, dried
- 1 1/2 c. Packed and shredded fresh spinach leaves
Combine bell pepper, beans, green onions, cumin, chutney, cilantro and corn in a bowl and stir gently.
In a saucepan bring water to boil and stir in lentils and rice. Reduce to low temperature and cook uncovered until liquid is absorbed and the lentils are tender (20-25 minutes).
Remove from heat and stir in the bean mixture. Cover and refrigerate, until chilled.
Gently stir in spinach before serving.