- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- tortillas(whole grain)
- garnishes sour cream, black olives, cheese, tomatoes
Cook the chicken in the oil for a few minutes then pour the chicken and the oil into the crockpot. (I usually skip this step – eliminate oil and just add my chicken into the crock pot. Saves time, fat, and energy! )Add the lime juices, garlic, cumin, salt, chili, and red pepper. Stir to coat and cook on low for 6 hours.
During the last hour, add the onions and green peppers – stir to coat. Serve on warm tortillas with garnishes such as sour cream, black olives, cheese, tomatoes, etc.