- 1 3-ounce package low-fat ramen-noodle soup mix , discard seasoning pkt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil (I used non-stick cooking spray)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage*
- 1 medium carrot, shredded*
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kraft Lite Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
*I used a 10 oz. coleslaw mix from a bag!!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crumble ramen noodles onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Add almonds, sesame seeds and canola oil; toss to coat. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir, then bake until the noodles are golden brown, about 5 minutes more. Let cool on the pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, grill chicken either on an outdoor grill or George Forman Grill. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board to cool. Using forks, shred into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, combine dressing and soy sauce in a small bowl or jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Just before serving, combine the shredded chicken, cabbage, carrot and scallions in a large bowl. Add the toasted noodle mixture and the dressing; mix well.
Make Ahead Tip
- Refrigerate the vegetables, toasted noodle mixture, chicken and dressing in separate containers for up to 1 day. Toss together just before serving.
- You can also make this salad with pork, fish or steak especially if you have leftovers.