This is a great dish to have when you are craving a fresh healthy meal, but don’t feel like actually cooking something up. The creamy avocado-basil sauce is really fantastic and light. It doesn’t end up leaving you have that full bloated feeling that you would normally get with thick heavy creamy sauces. The noodle dish itself is not only super good, but also is just beautifully vibrant with the colorful fresh veggie ingredients.
- 2 zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt *
- Pepper *
Ingredients for the Avocado Basil Sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1 T basil paste (I use Gourmet Garden Basil Paste)
- ½ T garlic
- ½ cup olive oil (I used 1/4 c olive oil and 1/4 c vegetable broth to cut fat)
- 1 T lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt *
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients thoroughly until smooth. Add more olive oil (I would add more broth) if the consistency is too thick. Taste test and adjust as necessary.
- With a Spiralizer spiralize zucchinis with Blade C (the small noodle tray option) and place into a bowl. (I do not have a spiralizer so I used a grater.) Add in cherry tomatoes cut in half, basil leaves, salt and pepper. Then toss with ½ of the Avocado Basil Sauce and taste test to add more sauce.
- Ready to be served and devoured!
* Only add salt and pepper if needed at the table after tasting. You can also use other spice blend like Mrs. Dash to keep sodium intake to a minimum.