- 2 acorn squash
- 1/3 cup cracker crumb (I like Ritz crackers)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg or mace
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or apple juice
Cut squash in half; scoop out seeds and membranes then place, cut side up, in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients. Spoon mixture evenly into center of the squash halves.
Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, until squash is tender.
GREAT VEGETARIAN DISH OR SIDE DISH FOR GRILLED MEATS/FISH/POULTRY!