- 1 (12-inch) prebaked pizza crust (I used Mama Mary’s Whole Wheat Pizza Crust)
- 1 cup prepared mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Italian Blend cheeses
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounce(s) thinly sliced soppressata*, cut into ribbons
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing^
*Soppressata is an Italian dry salami. Two principal types are made: a cured dry sausage typical of Basilicata, Apulia and Calabria, and a very different uncured salami, native to Tuscany and Liguria.
^I added crumbled Feta cheese and used my favorite Greek salad dressing!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Set a pizza stone on the bottom of the oven (alternatively, the pizza can be baked directly on the oven rack).
- Spread the sweet potatoes over the pizza crust. Top with the cheeses, onion, seasonings and soppressata. Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over top. Slide the pizza onto the stone and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until bubbling and golden in spots. Cut into wedges and serve.