TRY THIS QUIZ TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT FOOD SAFETY!
Don’t let the pictures influence your choices!
1. Which of the following foods are most likely to grow microorganisms?
a. Moist food
b. Dry food
c. Salty food
2. Salmonella is least likely to occur in which food?
a. Chicken salad
c. Cocoa powder
3. Store meat, poultry, and fish at:
a. Temperatures below 32° F
b. Temperatures below 41° F
c. Temperatures below 45° F
4. Cook poultry to a minimum internal temperature of:
a. 145° F
b. 165° F
c. 185° F
5. Brewed tea can spoil if left at room temperature for more than a few hours.
6. Never thaw food under running water.
7. Listeriosis is especially dangerous for pregnant women. Which of the following foods is most likely to cause listeriosis?
c. Deli foods
8. Honey or syrup that has developed yeast is most likely to:
a. Appear pink
b. Display a blue-green, fuzzy growth
c. Become concave and sunken in the center of the container
1. a. Moist food
2. c. Cocoa powder
3. b. Temperatures below 41º F
4. b. 165º F
5. a. True
6. b. False (as long as the water is 70° F or lower)
7. c. Deli foods
8. a. Appear pink